SUPERSTAR ACADEMY PRACTICAL SESSION – ALL COACHES/MANAGERS OF A, B&C GRADE
A reminder to all managers, parents, coaches that we will be facilitating a Superstar Academy Practical session on the following date/time:
Date: Monday 11th February
Venue: Cobham Oval
For who: Compulsory for all managers/coaches. Any keen parents/whanau also welcome to attend
Confirmation: Please confirm who will be attending from your club so we can ensure we have enough resources for everyone and can plan the session accordingly
This practical is compulsory for all coaches/managers to be signed off and receive their coaching certificate. It is a great opportunity to pick up some tips on how to manage your teams, coaching tips and developing your players to reach their potential in a safe, fun and inclusive environment. It is also an opportunity for managers, parents and coaches to gain some extra knowledge and confidence around the game of Cricket and getting the best out of your team. It is also a chance to share experiences and knowledge with managers, parents and coaches from different clubs. If there is any specific content that managers, parents and/or coaches would like covered in the practical session please let us know and we can ensure it is included.
The practical is not for Black Cap coaches and is all about the basics or fundamentals of Cricket and how to empower our players and get the best out of them in a safe, inclusive and fun environment.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Community Development Manager
Please see below for all the important information relating to Junior Cricket for the 2018/19 season
THE LAST DAY OF JUNIOR CRICKET FOR THE 2018/19 SEASON IS:
C GRADE – FRIDAY 29TH MARCH
B & A GRADE – SATURDAY 30TH MARCH
Please make yourself familiar with these important documents before the season begins.
JUNIOR GRADES – GENERAL INFORMATION 2018/19
JUNIOR CRICKET RULES 2018/19
CRICKET GROUNDS 2018/19
KENSINGTON PARK PITCH MAP
JUNIOR ETIQUETTE 2018/19
JUNIOR CLUB CONTACTS 2018/19
AGE GROUP CRICKET PROCESSES 2018
COACHING REGISTRATION & DEVELOPMENT
CANCELLATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURE
- Northland Cricket website northcricket.co.nz (cancellations link) or
- Facebook or
- Call the NCA on 438 2400 and follow the prompts.
- A decision would have been made by:
- Division 1 – by 11:45am on Saturday morning. Note: due to some games being played in other areas, there could be times that only some games are cancelled. For example, the NCA could cancel games in Whangarei but games in Northern Wairoa could still go ahead. This then becomes a decision made by the home team and they will contact the opposition and the NCA to inform them.
- A and B Grade – by 8:15am on Saturday morning. Note: due to some games being played in other areas, there could be times that only some games are cancelled. For example, the NCA could cancel games in Whangarei but games in Northern Wairoa could still go ahead. This then becomes a decision made by the home team and they will contact the opposition and the NCA to inform them.
- C Grade – by 4:45pm on Friday evening (games start at 5:30pm).
- If there is no ‘blanket’ cancellation for all matches in specific grades, then games are to be played as per normal.
- If the rain continues or starts again, then games are called off or played by mutual arrangement between relevant teams or by a NCA representative if applicable.
NZC AGE AND STAGE CRICKET
SUPERSTAR CRICKET: C Grade
PRIMARY: B Grade
INTERMEDIATE: A Grade
For coach registration, follow the link HERE
Coaching Framework Information